Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter 2017


Well Easter (and April) has come and gone. I can't believe it how fast spring is moving already. I don't get nearly enough time to post on my blog any more and it makes me so sad. I hope to at least start posting once a week soon.

Chuck had Friday thru Sunday off from work, which hasn't happened since Christmas for him. He works every week, 6 days a week. It was incredible to have him home and get a ton of things done around the house. It was absolutely gorgeous weather for Easter weekend. We finally took down our 5 million christmas lights outside and cleaned up our 6 million sticks in the yard. 



This was Lola's second Easter, but she was at an age this year where she could partake in some fun Easter activities. On Saturday, we went to our small towns Easter egg hunt. It lasted all of 3 seconds, and she got all of 2 toys, but it was still a fun event and I'm glad we did it. Lola has always been a people watcher. This is why she is so great going out to eat with us. She just watches everyone around her. We joke and say shes "judging" everyone, but she is just totally amused with what other people are doing. This didn't make for a great Easter egg hunter, since she was so involved with what 30+ kids were doing running around the muddy grass picking up a bunch of rubbish. But I think she still enjoyed herself. Or maybe just petting all the dogs.



 Lola woke up Sunday morning with the sun shining and ready for her Easter basket. I was so excited to create this basket this year with items I knew she'd love. Isn't that bunny the cutest thing you've ever seen? It's from Homegoods, and I had a hard time not buying 15 of them. I found the yard utensils and the  flower pot with paints at the dollar spot at Target. The cute gold crown is from H&M. This Bunny Roo, I Love You book which is so adorable for Easter. I'm such a sucker for gorgeous kids books. And her favorite part of the basket, Little Cosmetics Pretend Makeup Set. If you follow me on insta-stories, you see Lola doing her make up with me all the time. She absolutely loves to sit up on the counter and "do" her make up. Which ultimately has ended in all my make up being smashed, and all of my brushes being ruined. So this gift set was perfect. She has already done her own and mommy and daddys make up several times since Sunday.





Lola's Jammies from last year (similar here)

We hosted Easter Sunday at our house. It was our first holiday to host with both our families coming. We have a pretty small house, but having nice weather made it a little better so we could be outside. There were 15 adults and 7 kids in our house for dinner. And enough food for 50 people. We had an easter egg hunt of our own, which my nephew dominated in running through the flower beds like a machine.


 I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with their families, and are enjoying the amazing spring weather all around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment