Thursday, May 26, 2016

Single Mom

So Chuck has been out of town all week for work. My first week alone with Lola. If I'm being honest, I was terrified. Lola is such a great baby, goes to bed around 7:30, sleeps all night, wakes up in a good mood. What was I so worried about? You know that gene you get when you grow up and you're no longer afraid of the dark and can live alone, or spend the night somewhere alone? I didn't get that gene. I hate being alone, in the dark, sleeping. Ugh.
We live in a great neighborhood, with wonderful neighbors, and we even have a security system! But it's just something about the dark quiet night, or maybe all the scary movies I watch. Either way, it isn't ideal for me to be alone at night. And I was a little nervous to have to take care of all the things Chuck does around the house and for Lola when he's home too. Like making dinner, making her bottles, and folding the laundry. (He really is the best hubby/daddy)
But, to my surprise, the week went by really fast, with gorgeous summer weather, and a happy, playful baby. I have to thank Nana ten times, who came over Tuesday night to hang out just so I wasn't bored, and is taking the day off today so we can go flower shopping together. 
Of course last night Lola spiked her highest fever ever of 103.5 out of nowhere and I panicked and made Nana come back over. Having a sick baby with a fever and no clue what's wrong is the worst feeling ever. She was a limp noodle and just looked like she felt like total crap. She didn't let me lay her down until 9:30, and I thought for sure she would be up all night, but she slept like a champ (as always) and woke up with 100.8. I'm still waving my white flag today and so happy Chuck comes home tonight. I'm more then ready to see him, and share the bed again. And I know Lola is just going to go nuts. She is truly such a daddy's girl. 

We have lots of plans to cross off many household "to-do" list items this weekend including:

Mounting our living room TV
Assembling our new dining room table
Assembling Lola's new high chair
Installing new dining room light
Planting our hanging herb garden (& hanging it)
Planting flower beds
Painting Lola's Flamingo painting
Removing the Christmas lights

Now that I wrote all that out I'm realizing how 7 out of 8 of those are Chucks job. Weird?

This September, we will have been in our house 3 years and I can't believe how much work I still want to do. When we moved in, everything was freshly painted and brand new. But it's funny how quickly I get bored with home decor and ready for a change. We're currently couch shopping and I'm planning to redecorate my office upstairs to make it an office/playroom for Lola. 

Hoping Lola stays healthy this weekend for  for lots of needed family time outside and cooking out! 

Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment