Friday, June 5, 2015

Ready and Willing

New Found Glory.


A band I've loved since I was a "tweenager". A band who somehow always has the right words to say, and never fails to find the right time to show up on my Pandora, or my music playlist. 

NFG put out a new album last October called Resurrection. Every album I buy I immediately listen to the whole thing through and through and learn and love all the new songs. One song in particular hit some strong chords back in October. It was around this time I was losing hope for Chuck and I starting a family. Doctors appointments we're getting more and more disappointing and I couldn't bare to go to them alone anymore. This song, called Ready and Willing, though I'm not 100% sure what the band wrote it about (though the music video seems to be about when NFG signed and became famous, and I don't know how in the world they found such young kids to look like them for this video, haha), the meaning to me was obvious. I had been so ready for a family, I was so willing to risk it all. And instead of feeling defeated, I needed to be willing to keep going, because little did I know, my future had great plans.

"I’m ready and I’m willing to take you on. I’m ready and I’m willing to lose it all"
"When my back goes out, I’ll know I did it all, And have stories to tell.
When my eyes go bad, I’ll know I’ve seen it all, They’ll be light when my vision fails.
My legs will go bad, But I walked 5 continents, I won’t need to stand.
I hope this life I lived will wake you up, So you could do it again."



Now that we finally are able to look forward to a little girl of our own, these words have filled my heart with more meaning than you can imagine. I wasn't willing to give up then, and I'm NOT willing to give anything up for her now. Since day one Chuck has encouraged me to do the spontaneous, to think outside the box, to let "free will" take over. And its been a learning experience to let my nerves take a break and live life a little fuller. 

So after hearing these words for the first time in this song, I KNEW, we had to live this great life, full of love and adventure no matter what. Now I know, we have to live this great life, full of love and adventure, for her. 




Hope you tap your feet, or bang on your steering wheel, or scream these words with the windows down like I always do:

No comments:

Post a Comment