Saturday, June 27, 2015

25 weeks and a little Hospital scare

We had a little scare this week and wound up admitted to the hospital. saturday through Tuesday I thought I might be having symptoms of a UTI, well Wednesday morning I woke up, drove to work, and KNEW something was wrong. My doctor unfortunately is in Spain this week (the one week of vacation he takes a year) so I didn't really have a choice but to go to the ER. When I arrived with my mom, they sent me immediately to Labor and Delivery where I had to sign papers giving permission to deliver my baby if necessary. My heart literally sank to my feet. I knew something was wrong but boy was that a hard signature to give. After urine tests and pain meds, I was admitted for a nasty kidney and bladder infection and kidney stones. The nurse on call freaked me out a little when she put me in a room where "many high risks pregnancies live for the rest of their pregnancy." Thank God Chuck was there with me during that time, cause I balled my eyes out saying to can't stay, I can't stay!! 
I was released about 32 hours later after I didn't need any more pain meds and had 24 hours of IV fluids and antibiotics. I was told the stones will most likely not come out or cause any more problems, but my kidney infections are a cause for concern for the rest of my pregnancy. 
I'm just so glad baby girls wasn't compromised in any of this. And the monitoring of her heart beat was just music to my ears. I could've listen to it all day long! 


How far along: 25 weeks

Gender: Girl!

Weight gain: this one is getting hard to answer. I'm up 13 lbs from pre pregnancy weight. 

Maternity clothes: yes! Obviously from the looks of this weeks picture, my favorite Hello sweatshirts officially look ridiculous on me! 
 

Stretch marks: none yet, but this bump is growing by the minute


Belly button in or out: in and disappearing 

Sleep:  sleep was non existent this week. Hospital beds and sleeping on my left side only is nearly impossible for me 

Best moment this week: probably seeing light at the end of the tunnel leaving the hospital 


Worst moment this week: one of the worst kidney infections I've had. I expected complications with my kidneys during this pregnancy, but I really didn't expect them this early. Just glad baby girl is ok


Miss anything: sleeping on my back and stomach for sure. My back hurts 

Movement: her moves are getting bigger and bigger. Felt a huge roll while laying down 


Cravings:  french bread pizza :) had 3 this week 


Queasy or sick: nope


Looking forward to:  the crib being delivered and assembled for us tomorrow! Pottery Barn literally comes in and sets it up in the nursery and removes all garbage. (I guess they better for the price!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment