Tuesday, July 14, 2015

27 weeks and the truth

The truth about my pregnancy, is that it has been hard. Nowhere near as hard as many women's, but hard for me. Physically, I know there is an "end" to the aches and pains and infections, but some days, emotionally, I think I'll never stop crying.  Does this make me a bad mother already? Does this mean I don't appreciate every little hair on her head, and kick against my uterus. Absolutely not.  I'm not the "rainbows and butterflies" pregnant girl. I'm the brutally honest pregnant girl. I'm the girl who has always told it like it is, and since I'm being honest now, I'm not going to change that. This is my blog.

Pregnancy is hard. And until you've done it, please don't judge another. I realize every pregnancy is different. But what I can say is 100% the same in each pregnancy, is that being a mother makes you worry. About yourself and about your baby. Now I know our baby isn't here yet, but the second we found out we were pregnant, there was no more thinking of just me. There was actually no more room to think of ANYONE else. I'm not exactly sure if I should be sorry for that or not. But I'm going to go ahead and be the mother I've always wanted to be, and worry about my baby. Because that's what becoming a mother does to you. It makes you not care what anybody else is saying about you.




How far along: 27 weeks


Gender: Girl! And she has a name!!


Weight gain: My scale must be off, says I've only gained 1 lb this week, making me up 14 lbs. Which can' t be right!

Maternity clothes: Mixing my regular clothes with maternity clothes. Love love love dresses, and leggings
 

Stretch marks: none! Really loving coconut oil in the mornings after my shower!

Belly button in or out: in still... but flattening out every day


Sleep:  Sleep really sucks, and I can't believe I have 13 more weeks of sleep only getting worse


Best moment this week: Probably just the weekend in general. Got to spend it with hubs and family.


Worst moment this week: These MAJOR mood swings. On Monday I cried ALL day at work, came home to pout and cry some more in bed. Then went to make Mac n Cheese (yes, Kraft mac n cheese! I love it) and as soon as I was ready to put the milk, cheese, and butter in, I realized my husband drank all the milk. I cried, stomped off, got in my car, and drove around the block. Seriously, F these hormones!


Miss anything: I'm going through a really hard transition at work. So I miss work being easier

Movement: HUGE rolls and flips, and she constantly moves and kicks... If sleep patterns and movement are really a sign of how she will be on the outside, we're in for it!

Cravings:  I still eat muffins like every morning. And watermelon, corn on the cob, and iced coffee are all back on the craving list.

Queasy or sick: I struggle with heart burn a little bit. But haven't been nauseous in a long time. The muscle spasms in my back are bothering me the most!


Looking forward to:  Hubs 30th birthday! He hates parties, but he knew what he was getting into when he married me. I have any excuse to throw a party and be festive ;-) And turning 30 is a big one!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't possibly love this more. You should never be sorry for being a good Mother and putting your baby first. Which is what you are doing now, and will continue to do for the rest of your life. You don't answer to anyone but yourself and your sweet girl. Pregnancy is hard even when it's perfect. And you should never feel bad for putting your baby first or crying over food. Even when you're not pregnant. Not that I've cried in the donut aisle before or anything. And definitely not when my baby was already several months old. You're already doing a great job in my book. Just keep rocking it! It might be hard but it will most definitely be worth it.

    ReplyDelete