Wednesday, August 26, 2015

TO-DO


"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you."
-Willy Wonka


I'm pretty much a crazy person when it comes to making "to-do" lists. My husband says I make lists of lists I need to make (he's sort of right). I have fun notepads all over for different things. I mean, how fun is it to cross something off your to-do list?

What a normal Saturday morning looks like for me:



The Endless To-Do List

With my baby baking days coming to an end, it's becoming more and more overwhelming to look at the things that we still need to do. Here are a few things that have been overlooked but now keep me awake at all hours.



Pack Hospital Bag
I've sort of been doing this for 2 weeks, finding something I might want and throwing it near the hospital bag, I need to get a real list started and get this one done, as it seems to be MOST important. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Pack Diaper Bag
I realize this isn't really a necessity right now, because everyone says the hospital pretty much provides you with anything you would need from a diaper bag, but again, I want to be prepared 

Register & Do Hospital Tour
With how many trips and over night stays I've had in the hospital during this pregnancy, you'd think I'd know the hospital like the back of my hand, but I've pretty much just been wheeled around, and want to feel more prepared when D-Day hits
Hang Wall Art in Nursery
Hoping to do this one this weekend, but I always bite off more then I can chew and planned two of my own paintings for the nursery that I haven't even started yet
 
 Find a Daycare
I have 10 weeks maternity leave, which puts me going back to work right around Christmas/New Years, so I've really been putting this one off because 1-I have a lot of time and 2- I'm terrified of doing this
Pediatrician Meet and Greet
Fulfilling this one this Friday and I can't WAIT to meet the doctors in the practice so many parents have suggested to us
 
Purchase Remaining Registry Items
We FINALLY got a call our rocker is ready for pick up, so we're headed to Buy Buy Baby this weekend to get the rest of the essentials and the rocker

Clean Cars and Install Car Seats 
I generally would be going to my dad for this one, but the poor man broke his nose this passed weekend and I don't think he will be cleaning any cars anytime soon. Either I'll beg hubs to do this one, or I'll take it in for a detail


I think I'll feel a lot better after this weekend cause quite a few of these things will get done. Stay tuned ;-) 



1 comment:

  1. I love this post because I can totally relate! I felt SO overwhelmed with to-do items close to the end. I put together a post with my hospital bag recommendations, if you want some suggestions! My favorite thing I brought was definitely my bathrobe - you'll feel so much better getting into your own "clothes" and my nurses were encouraging me to get out of my hospital gown, too. We didn't do a hospital tour, and I kind of regretted it when I was DYING in pain, trying to get up to the labor and delivery floor. Good luck in the final weeks! Your baby will be here faster than you can imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete