Monday, June 20, 2016

Happiest Father's Day in the LAND!

Originally this post was titled "Father's Day Weekend" But after last nights AMAZING victory here in Cleveland, we're all kinds of cheery today. If you're not from Cleveland, you wouldn't understand. Last night, our city made history!  Whats even more amazing is to see the city come alive, together. We're a small city. Known for being small and having nothing and never winning.
I've never been so proud to be born and raised wine & gold!
THE DROUGHT IS OVER
2016 NBA CHAMPIONS!

 
So the original reason for this post. Father's Day. 
We spent the morning at breakfast with Chucks dad. Who just adores Lola and is such a wonderful grandpa.


We spent the afternoon swimming and cooking out at my parents, celebrating my dad. Who happens to be one of those die hard Cleveland fans, never missing a game! For anyone who knows my dad, knows that he's the closest thing to Clark Griswold that you'll find. But the love he has for his family is so much more then his ability to decorate a house at Christmas and randomly call for all 3 of his kids when he can't decide which one. There are SO many things that are so special to me because of him. Christmas decorations, teaching my daughter how to Set, Goalpost, Step, Throw, always having a clean car, $1 coins, diggities, tractor rides, root beer floats, never running out of ammunition, and always knowing when a storm is coming. But above all, he NEVER misses a single important thing in his kids and grandkids lives and cheers louder then anyone else. For that, I could never thank him enough. I love you so much, dad. And I don't say it nearly enough.

 
 




 And then there's Chuck. His FIRST Father's Day. I could sit here all day and tell you what an amazing dad he is to Lola. But HER FACE when she sees him and plays with him, says it all. She has been a daddys girl from the start. She spent the first 2-3 hours of her life with him and him only, while I was recovering. There is nothing in this world that has given me the feeling I get seeing my husband be a dad. Its a whole different kind of love. One only those who feel it know. Lola and I are so lucky to have him on this adventure. Making every second special and worth it.

 


I should also mention what an awesome Uncle her is to my nieces and nephews who just adore their Uncle Chuck




Happy Father's Day to all the special dads out there. Dads, Step-Dads, Father-In Laws, Papa's, Great-Grandpas, Angel Dads. Hope you had a great weekend filled with as much joy as we had.


No comments:

Post a Comment