Sunday, June 12, 2016

Homemade Baby Food

Making our own baby food, was something I knew I wanted to do, or at least try to do once we became pregnant. Back then, I didn't know much about it, and even 4 months into making it, I'm still learning. But I wanted to share how easy it really is, and how much Lola is obsessed with eating it.
First up, in making this process the easiest ever, The Baby Brezza
I cannot stress enough how amazing this thing is. It is worth it's weight in gold in the baby food making world. 

So right now, Lola gets two meals a day, and usually one or two snacks. Meals consist of one pureed food and one finger food. Snacks are just a quick finger food. And we can't give the purees fast enough. She is always grabbing the spoon away. And she shovels finger foods in. Yesterday she choked on the teeniest piece of soft banana. 
Heart attack.

Making homemade baby food with the Baby Brezza is so easy that I don't designate one day to making a whole bunch. I make one food every 2-3 days. Usually on a week night. Because it's seriously as easy as chop, press a button, and freeze. Let me explain…

Chop.


Fill up tank with water, Fill up cup with chopped food.


Press appropriate Steam & Blend button & Time
(book comes with steam times for specific produce & meats)

Dinner is served


Freeze in ice cube trays and pull out of freezer as needed



We started solids at 4.5 months, and I honestly didn't think I would make it this long making her food. I bought some Plum food pouches about a month ago and we haven't used them yet. Our girl LOVES to eat, and she hasn't found a food she doesn't love. Though she wasn't quite sure about yogurt at first, but I just had to coax her a little with a bite of waffle first.

We're transitioning mostly into finger foods, and I'm excited terrified. She's still only got her two bottom teeth, and really does seem to "chew" everything, but just can't eat it all fast enough. Stay tuned for finger food meals, I'm sure sooner rather than later.





1 comment:

  1. My baby food maker is still in the box! Maybe I will use it next time around! Also, it's amazing what babies can eat with only a couple teeth. I always tried just sucking away at something as opposed to chewing it to see how quickly it broke up before giving it to Ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete