Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Surviving a Summer Pregnancy

So I got pregnant sometime in Mid-January of 2015, found out end of January (I was about 4 weeks) and then my morning sickness came crashing into me like a load of bricks when I was around 6 weeks, and lasted until I was 16 weeks. So for 10 weeks (in Northeast Ohio) it was brutally cold, and I was deathly ill. And I have to say, that was the hardest part of my pregnancy for sure. But then came second and third trimester, and the summer heat. So since we're heading into the summer full force,  I wanted to share with you a few items that kept me from melting during the hot hot months with a big belly.




These were my all time favorite leggings to wear during pregnancy. Cause lets face it, pants just don't happen anymore (even now 8 months post partum)

Specifically this Iced Mint Lemonade shower gel. Every morning it just woke me up and cooled me off in the shower. I think it's been discontinued, but the margarita scent is just as good.

When there is just no way to get comfortable anymore, this thing saved my back. It was so nice to have just one pillow that maneuvered to slip under my belly, between my legs, and support my back

I'd say around June, I was no longer wearing pants. It was leggings or dresses only. These are the best maxi maternity dresses ever, and very affordable. I wish I could wear them this summer!

Even if you aren't pregnant, this thing is a must. I have never had cold water like this thing holds. Fill it up with ice and water and it will honestly stay ICE COLD for 3 days straight. It blows my mind. And you can never have enough water while pregnant.

For all those nights you.just.can't. make it to the bathroom 2 feet away to wash your face. I fell asleep basically in my dinner plate every night from exhaustion, and these are a lifesaver. I still use them all the time. Even in the morning to just "freshen up" quick if I don't have time to take a shower.

I had a mild case of PUPPP during pregnancy. My legs were bumpy and at times itchy, and coconut oil was the only moisturizer I could use to help. And in the dead heat of the summer, I smelled amazing and didn't feel all greasy after it soaked in

This book is light hearted and at times, hilarious. Its a must, to grab your Hydro Flask and sit on the deck, or in the hammock, and read this all afternoon in the sun.


HAPPY SUMMER, FRIENDS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment