Thursday, July 14, 2016

Me Time // Birthday Wish List

As a mom, sometimes you forget, or just don't have the time, to take care of yourself. Especially if you work full time, your days probably look a little something like this. Wake up, get ready, get baby ready, feed baby, drop baby off at day care. Get to work, forgot to feed yourself. Grab a bag of Doritos from the lunch room. Work all day. Run errands on way home. Pick up baby. Get home, unpack baby from day care, unpack work bag from work. Cook dinner (or if you're lucky, hubby cooks dinner) Eat as fast as you can. Clean up from dinner. Get baby in tub, get baby into pajamas, rock baby to sleep. Pack work bag for next morning, pack baby for day care. Put on your OWN pajamas. Sit down to watch a show and/or do more work from home. Fall asleep before doing anything for yourself. Including brushing your teeth. (gross!) 
 REPEAT for 5 days. 

This happens too much in our day-to-day life that us mom's just don't realize how important it is to take care of ourselves. Lately I've been trying to do at least one thing for myself after Lola goes to bed, or when she naps. I of course try to get my daily tasks of laundry and cleaning done first, but usually have enough time to paint my nails, or write a blog post, or even something as simple as cleaning out my purse or putting on a face mask. Sometimes I get really adventurous and go on a run outside! We don't realize how good it will make us feel to have those 15 minutes of doing something for ourselves.
And lately, sometimes even just buying something for yourself is enough.

 


I told you all I make lists all day every day. Well, of course I have a birthday list. Here's a few things I've been crushing on, and wouldn't normally buy for myself. Ok, who am I kidding? If all of these items were on Amazon, my cart would be loaded.
I'm ready for a new pair of Ray-Bans and these originals are what I've wanted for a while. But how awesome is this metallic purple polarized pair? Love them.
This Pajamas All Day tee has been on my list for a long time. Cause lets face it, mom's of babies under one year, don't wear real clothes. 
I am finally getting back into working out and running and in the market for new running shoes. I love my Brooks and Asics, but these Nike Pegasus are what I'd like to try for light running.
I kinda revamped my make-up recently. I started using a lot of Tarte brand items to get away from parabens. But there is no better lipstick than MAC. And I've been wanting this one in Velvet Teddy, with the matching lip pencil in Spice.
Speaking of make-up, how awesome are these colors in this eye shadow pallet? It's every color I would need. Lastly, I'm a sucker for colored pencils, and all my Prisma Color pencils are broken, tiny, and gross from college, so I'm in need of a new set, and how many of you are "adult coloring" in these cool new books that seem to be everywhere now? Is it terrible that I can't wait for Lola to be old enough to color?

So maybe this is just a list, or maybe these items will find a way into my house, but either way I'm glad I'm finally giving myself those 15 minutes a day to myself to just be me. And I hope all you mamas out there do too.

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment