Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lola's First Sleepover

Saturday was Chuck's birthday, and we planned our third date night since Lola was born, and decided to go big. THREE dates in 9 months is not enough. Lola had her first sleep over at my parents house. I wasn't nervous, because I knew she was in great hands. But I did miss her very much. We dropped her off after her afternoon nap (or lack thereof) and went back home to get ready. It was so strange having a couple hours not worrying about when she might wake up. A couple hours meant plenty of time for me to choose an outfit. Or send a couple pics to friends and ask their opinion. Sidenote: I changed into both of these outfits 3 times each. I felt like a teenager going on my first date. 

 We decided to steer clear of downtown with the convention in town. So we went to Jekyll's Kitchen in Chagrin Falls. This is one of our favorite restaurants, not only because of the food, but because of the location. Beautiful to sit next to the falls during dinner! And, this is where we went the night we were induced with Lola. So it was rather fitting.



We were such party animals getting home at 10:30pm and going to bed at 11! Either way it was  nice to go out with my handsome 31 year old husband! Happy Birthday, babe. You're more then I ever could have hoped for in a husband and a father to our baby.

Meanwhile, someone was having a fun sleepover with Nana and Papa. One of my favorite things Lola does lately is love her Papa. It is the cutest thing to see her interact with him and say his name. I'm not even mad she said "Papa" before "Mama"


And someone slept all night, without her noise machine, until 7:15am! I see a few more (100) sleepovers in our future. Thank you Nana and Papa for always being such amazing parents and grandparents. Lola is a lucky lady.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment